* On his Test debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the third youngest debutant (16y 205d). Mushtaq Mohammad (15y 124d) and Aaqib Javed (16y 189d) debuted in Test matches younger than Tendulkar. Since then, there have been 2 players who were younger than Sachin on their Test Cricket debut: Hasan Raza – Pakistan (14y 227d), the current youngest debutant, and Mohammad Sharif – Bangladesh (15y 128d).
* Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches (159) for India (Kapil Dev and Rahul Dravid are second with 131 Test appearances each).
* Tendulkar is second in the list of players with most Test caps at 159. Only Steve Waugh (168 Tests) has appeared in more games than Tendulkar.
* Highest run scorer in the history of Test cricket with 12773 Test runs. He achieved this feat after surpassing West Indies’ Brian Lara against Australia in the Border Gavaskar Trophy series, on October 17 , 2008 at Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, India.
* Career Average (1989-2008, 158 Tests, 12,773 runs at 54.58 )
* Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara. Lara took 213 innings, Sachin 223 and Border 259.
* Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches.
* Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings.
* On 05 April 2009 Sachin Tendulkar (7165) edged past Brian Lara’s (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home. Tendulkar achieved this in 90 away Test matches while Lara had scored his runs in 66 away Tests.
* Tendulkar has five calendar years with 1000 or more runs – 2008(1063), 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs). Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs. Only Tendulkar, Matthew Hayden, Ricky Pointing and Brian Lara have five seasons with 1000 or more runs in Test cricket.
* Highest number of Test centuries (42), overtaking Sunil Gavaskar’s record (34) on 10 December 2005 vs Sri Lanka in Delhi. Ricky Ponting has 37 centuries to his credit and Brian Lara has scored 34 Test Centuries.
* When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century. Only Mushtaq Mohammad had scored a century at a younger age by 1990. Tendulkar’s record was bettered by Mohammad Ashraful in 2001/02 season. The record for previous youngest Indian centurion was held by Kapil Dev.
* Tendulkar’s record of five centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record.
* Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side. Gavaskar held the previous record (205 against West Indies in Bombay – 1978/79 season)
* Tendulkar has scored centuries against all Test playing nations. He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten. The current list also includes Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting, Rahul Dravid, Jacques Kallis, Adam Gilchrist and Marvan Atapattu.
* Tendulkar’s 37th century against Bangladesh during the 2nd Test , made history as the 1st time the top four batsmen of any team had all scored centuries in a single innings. Dinesh Karthik (129), Wasim Jaffer (138) and Rahul Dravid (129) were the other centurions in the innings.
* Matches Played: 425 ( Most )
Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
Most Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
* Inning Appearances: 415 ( Most ). First to appear in 400 innings in ODI matches.
* On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant. Only Aaqib Javed debuted in ODI matches younger than Sachin Tendulkar. Since then, there has been 4 players who were younger than Sachin on their ODI debut: Hasan Raza (Pakistan) – the current youngest debutant, Mohammad Sharif (Bangladesh), Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) and Ramveer Rai (UAE)
* Most Runs: 16,684 Runs at the rate of 44.37 runs for every time he has gotten out (as of April 16 2009). He is the leading run scorer in the ODI format of the game and the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000-15,000 and 16,000 run marks.
* First player to reach 10,000-11,000-12,000-13,000-14,000-15,000and 16000 ODI runs.
* Highest individual score among Indian batsmen (186* against New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999). The score of 186* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
* Holds the record for scoring 1,000 ODI runs in a calendar year. He has done it seven times – 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007
* Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
* Tendulkar is the only batsman to score over 2500 runs against any opponent (Australia). Tendulkar is also the only batsman to achieve the feat runs against 2 opponents – Sri Lanka is the other team.
* After Sachin crossed the 10,000-run mark in ODIs, only seven other players have managed to cross the milestone: (Sanath Jayasuriya, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara, and Inzamam ul Haq, Jacques Kallis). Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
Centuries & Fifties Record:
* Most centuries: 43
Most centuries against an opponent – 8 vs. Australia.
Most centuries vs. Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.
* Most Fifties: 91.
Highest number of 50+ scores in ODIs – 134 (43 Centuries and 91 Fifties).
Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs.
* Most Man of the Match Awards: 58 Man of the Match Awards
* Most Man of the Series Awards: 14 Man of the Series Awards
Calendar Year Record:
* Most ODI runs in a calendar year: 1,894 ODI runs in 1998.
* Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
* Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches that includes 20 century partnerships and 21 fifty run partnerships. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair is also a world record.
* Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999 at the LBS, Hyderabad
* Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches – a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid.
* Most runs (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007) in World Cup Cricket History including 4 centuries & 13 fifties with a best score of 152* against Namibia in 2003 world cup
* 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
* Player Of The World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
* 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16, making him the highest run scorer in the 1996 World Cup and setting the then record for the highest runs by any player in a single Cricket World Cup – subsequently bettered by himself in the 2003 World Cup
Combined (ODI & Test) records
* First batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket. He now has 85 centuries (42 in Tests, 43 in ODIs), which is still the record for the highest number of centuries in international cricket.
* Most overall runs in international cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), with 28,861 runs overall (12,773 in Tests, 16,684 in ODIs).